LA Sheriff Finds Tampon in His Starbucks Drink – Detective Now Investigate it as a CRIME
They’re sick and it’s a liberal disease.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department (LASD) is reportedly investigating an incident where an off-duty Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) officer found a tampon in a Starbucks drink late last week.
FOX 11 Los Angeles reporter Bill Melugin reported Monday that sources informed him that on Friday an off-duty LAPD officer allegedly discovered a tampon in his Frappuccino while he was “halfway” through finishing it. Melugin included an image of the tampon in his initial tweet.
The off-duty officer had purchased the drink with his police credit union debit card from a Starbucks in Diamond Bar, Melugin reported. The Sheriff’s Department has confirmed that they took a report and are investigating. LASD detectives have reportedly already obtained security camera footage and are in the process of reviewing it to determine if any criminality occurred.
The Los Angeles Police Protective League told the local news station: “This disgusting assault on a police officer was carried out by someone with hatred in their heart and who lacks human decency. We hope they are publicly exposed, fired, arrested, and prosecuted for their cowardly and repugnant actions.”
Joe Biden’s campaign is refusing President Donald Trump’s request to take part in more than three debates ahead of the general election in November.
Jen O’Malley Dillon, the former vice president’s campaign manager, made the announcement on Monday in a letter to the Commission on Presidential Debates, as first reported by the Washington Post.
In the letter, O’Malley Dillon informed the commission that Biden would only take part, as is custom, in three presidential debates.
“Joe Biden looks forward to facing Donald Trump in a multi-debate series that the American people have come to expect from their leaders; we hope that President Trump would not break that tradition or make excuses for a refusal to participate,” O’Malley Dillon wrote.
That’s a very interesting way of saying, “we’re scared to death of debates with Trump!”
The Trump campaign responded to the letter, claiming that Biden’s campaign was attempting to decrease his visibility given the former vice president’s penchant for gaffes.
“It’s pretty obvious that Joe Biden’s handlers are afraid to send their candidate out without a script and teleprompter handy,” Tim Murtaugh, the Trump campaign’s communications director said.
Leading Market News
With the S&P 500 up more than 21% for the quarter so far, strategists are handicapping the likelihood that pensions and other funds and investors will sell some of their big stock market gains and buy bonds in the course of the next week.
Estimates of how much could move out of the stock market are wide ranging and JPMorgan analysts say if stocks lose ground as a result, it would be a buying opportunity.
There’s also the chance that not much at all could happen, since some strategists say the volatility of month end and quarter end may have already been playing out in the equity derivatives markets, and investors could also have already been shifting stock holdings.
“The end of the quarter is going to be pretty interesting, given how much the market has moved during this quarter. There could be volatility here. We already witnessed it and there’s potential for more, as we move toward the end of Q2,” said Dan Deming, managing director at KKM Financial.
Bond strategists pay particular attention to the month end, which can bring about moves in fixed income markets as pensions and other funds and investors adjust their portfolios to bring asset allocations back in line.
Quarter end makes it an even bigger event, and this quarter’s big move in stocks has some speculating there could be a sizeable move by pension funds into bonds, with some estimates ranging from $35 billion to $76 billion.
The Back Page
Following simultaneous mobilizations to support COVID-19 response and quell civil unrest, the National Guard is preparing to respond to what is expected to be a highly active hurricane season.
“We know things will be different this year,” Air Force Maj. Gen. Steven Nordhaus, director of operations for the National Guard Bureau, said Monday in a conference call with defense reporters.
“Social distancing, [personal protective equipment], screening and testing, sheltering and other impacts will cause us to change how we respond,” said Nordhaus, who was joined on the call by Army Maj. Gen. Tracy Norris, the Texas National Guard adjutant general, and Air Force Maj. Gen. James Eifert, the Florida adjutant general.
The hurricane season, which officially began June 1, is expected to produce a higher than average number of major storms this year, Nordhaus said.
“What we’re seeing this year is there is an increased indication of the weather pattern” to show the possibility of more major storms, he said. “So where a normal year might be eight to 12, they’re tracking maybe as many as 16.”
One of the major changes in how the Guard responds this year will be in dealing with evacuees from hard-hit areas if called upon by local and federal authorities.